In this forthright and candid conversation Martin covers the history of SchuF from its original foundation in 1911.
We learn about key developments in the firm’s early years, the 1920s, 30s and 40s. And we hear how Martin’s role in the firm started and progressed – including an infamous claim to fame.
Martin offers unique insights into a particular and formative fork in the road; SchuF’s expansion from Germany into Western and Eastern Europe, Korea, Taiwan, the USA, Ireland and India, and the acquisition of Fetterolf.
Martin also discusses his ambitions for the long term future of SchuF – and we learn about what he loves doing when he’s not working.
Play or download the podcast:
- Sign up to the VPS newsletter to ensure to get notified of new episodes of our podcasts, educational updates to keep you informed, new developments in the valve and process industry – and much more. Full details here.
- Please let us know what you think of the podcast, who else you’d like to hear, or put yourself forward as a guest: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Episode one of the podcast, featuring Mick Pepper, is here
- Episode two with our own Steve Pearson is here.
- Episide three featuring Frank Sinclair, founder of Westlock Controls is here.
- Credits: Podcast music: “Cheery Monday” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0